- "I am practical, like the fish in the sea. Nothing is all bad... except mosquitoes."
- —Omar to Kyle Crane.
Omar Boz is a character featured in Dying Light.
Events of Dying Light
He is a survivor and a resident of the Tower and works there as one of the runners. He joins Rahim Aldemir in his plan to destroy a Volatile nest using explosives. Unfortunately, the group is ambushed on the overpass and Omar is killed while Rahim is injured and driven into a nearby warehouse. Omar can also be found within slums of Harran. He is found during a random encounter in which he can be found right outside the Tower, digging for worms.
When approached by Kyle Crane, he explains that he needs to go fishing and will reward Crane for escorting him to his favourite spot. After Kyle agrees, Omar must first retrieve his reel, a Tobunga Mark 12 Super-caster, which he pawned before the outbreak. Now, amidst the chaos and societal collapse, he feels confident in retrieving it from the store. He must then retrieve his rod, a Sea Beam carbon-fiber Flex Master II, which he sold to his friend Rashan. The pair travel to his shack and discover he has committed suicide. Omar laments this, but quickly becomes enraged that Rashan wrote his name on the fishing rod. Finally, Omar is ready to head to his fishing spot, but discovers it is overrun with infected.
- "There it is! I had to pawn it a few months ago. But thanks to this epidemic, and the total collapse of civil authority, I can get it back without having to pay for it. What good luck, yes?"
- —Omar while retrieving his reel.
- "Worms. Beautiful worms. You will turn my hooks into the most alluring of fish magnets."
- —Omar Boz, talking to himself.
- "Omar is sneaking away."
- —Omar during combat.
- "Hideous! It has no fish equivalent."
- —Omar during combat.
Omar Boz: I have over 300 lures, and each one has its own story. Would you like to hear them?
Kyle Crane: No.
Omar Boz: Your loss.
- Omar brags about paying only $275.00 for his reel, which he bought used instead of paying $649.00, the list price for a brand new Tobunga Mark 12 Super-caster.
- Omar regularly refers to himself in the third person, suggesting he may suffer from a mental illness or disability of some sort.
- If the player completes the quest, Siblings before starting the random encounter with Omar, Omar will still appear despite having been killed.
- In the Enhanced Edition of Dying Light, Omar now wears a surgical mask on his face.
- Omar may reference the 1975 American thriller film Jaws during combat, sometimes shouting "We need a bigger boat!"