"First Assignment" is the second story quest available in Dying Light.
Rahim told me to go meet Spike. That guy runs the scouts, apparently.
- Get a job from Spike
- Take some firecrackers
- Prepare a trap for Brecken's mission
- Help trapped survivor
- Kill the infected runner
- Turn the power on to unlock the safe zone
- Get onto the building's roof and contact the GRE
- Arm more car traps
- Prepare light traps for the night mission
- Arm more devices
- Repair the next device
- Find the power distribution panel and fix the light problem
- Find shelter in a safe house before it gets dark
- Sleep through the night
- Talk to Spike
- Report meeting with the tower's leader to the GRE
- Team up with Brecken in the Tower
Speak with Spike. He gives a briefing on the two types of airdrops - Antizen and Supplies. There's two Antizen drops incoming, and you need to
- Head to the front of the tower, and prime the car trap.
- Head to the safe house location, which is north of your location. You can enter by jumping onto the white van, and onto the bent fencing. There's likely two infected here, which you need to kill. Open the door to the room, and kill the last infected.
- Activate the safe house. Be sure to also get the 230V blueprint and one of Marvin Zucker's Battle Journals while in the room. GRE contacts you, jump onto the nearby building and get their instructions.
- Activate the other car traps. You may need to use the firecrackers Spike gave you to distract them.
- Activate the three light traps.
- The one near the station requires jumping on the roof of the warehouse, and doing a running jump onto the light's jut.
- Head to the power distrubuter box, somewhat to the east. There's a red blinking light on it.
- Using the box (turning it on) for the first time activates a Goon. You likely do not have powerful weapons against it, but it can be distracted by firecrackers. While it is distracted, you can activate the powerbox to open it. There is more than one box to open, but the correct one will have a switch that can be flipped.
- Head to the safe zone, and stay for the night.
After this, you have completed the prologue. The only remaining tasks in this quests is to speak with Spike and Brecken as required.