The EXPcalibur is a unique legendary melee weapon that appears in Dying Light.
The EXPcalibur sword can be found on the southeast portion of the Slums, along the shoreline near the Fishermen's Village in a bay-like area. There is a small rocky island off the coast in the water, which requires the player to swim out to. The sword will be in a body on the far side of the rock. If the action button is held for approximately 2-3 minutes, you will get the sword and the blueprint (after the body burns away). After that, the sword CAN NOT be repaired, but has a high amount of damage. However, the sword can not beat the Korek Machete.
Note: The fire emitted from the burning body can kill you.
(Should be noted it CANNOT be repaired)
10x Tin Can
|10x Metal Parts|
|1x Bolter Tissue|
- Note, if you're playing on the PC version of the game you can run the game in windowed mode, hold down F (use key) then press the windows key and the sword will continue to be pulled without you having to hold down F for 3 minutes.
- If you try to put anything in the sockets the weapon will be destroyed (it cannot be repaired). [Tested on PC version] [False on PS4 version]
- The sword you retrieve from the corpse cannot be broken (only inserting something in the socket can destroy it). The crafted sword will be damaged like any normal weapon. [Tested on PC version] [False on PS4 version][False on PC version in newest Patch (1.4.0)]
- Attacking zombies with this weapon creates noise, which will attract virals. [Tested on PC version]
- When out of durability, DO NOT throw EXPcalibur with the melee throw ability. It will not be retrievable and will no longer exist as an item when scanned with survivor sense. This is only true with the golden variant of the EXPcalibur, not the craftable variant.
- Golden version (picked up from the burning corpse) is irreplaceable; the craft-able versions are silver; but have a lightning/electrical effect when striking zombies.
- Golden version also has limited durability but will not appear broken, However a majority of its damage will lost. The weapon retains its usefulness as it still does more damage after 7 hits than many common weapons. In addition the sword is brought «up to ready position» when an enemy is near, allowing you to detect infected behind you or around corners.
- Holding the attack button will 'Charge' the sword, even when broken, that will send many average zombies flying when hit.