As standard one-handed weapons, they don't particularly have any strong or weak attributes in any area. In the early game, it's recommended to find one and use it before more better supplies become available.
Iron Crowbars can appear in blue, red, green, or yellow.
There are 3 variants of Crowbar in the base game:
The Following adds 3 more crowbars:
Crowbars are modifiable with the following 17 blueprints:
||Electricity — Medium|
|All-Purpose Toxic Striker||
||Toxic — Small|
|Ben Franklin's Key||
||Electricity — Small|
||Toxic — Strong|
||Toxic — Medium|
|Devil Stick (The Following)||
||Burning — Strong|
|Dirty Tool (The Following)||
||Toxic — Strong|
||Impact — Small|
||Impact — Medium|
||Bleeding — Small|
|Standard Issue Hellfire||
||Burning — Small|
|Stiff Stick (The Following)||
||Freezing — Small|
||Burning — Medium|
- Main article: Punk Queen
Punk Queen is a downloadable content blueprint, exclusively modifiable for crowbars only. When modded, the weapon appears to have all of the modded effects (with exception being freezing), this includes burning, bleeding, electricity, impact, and toxic. Despite this, none of these effects actually function and the Punk Queen overall serves as an look-and-feel blueprint.
- In real life, crowbars serve as tools used to pry and open things such as crates and nails. They are recognized for it's appearance of a metal bar with a single curved end and a flat chiselled end.
- The red variant of the Iron Crowbar may be a reference to Gordon Freeman's signature weapon from the Half-Life games.
- During a cutscene for the story mission "Siblings", Jade tries to use an Iron Crowbar to open up a crate inside the school.
- There is text on the Premium Crowbar saying "Highway 2000". This is possibly a reference to the Highway 2000 in Jamaica, a 230-kilometer highway initially in honor of Usain Bolt, a famous sprinter.
- Usain Bolt is also referenced (in a pun way) in the title of the side quest, "Bring Me the Brain of Usain Bolter".