- "This is Ayo speaking. Get to the nearest safe house and wait until dawn. Good night, and good luck."
- —Ayo at the end of Extraction.
Ayo (pronounced ah-YO) is a character featured in Dying Light.
Events of Dying Light Edit
He is a resident of the Tower and can be found on the 19th floor, sharing an apartment with Kyle Crane among others. He works as a dispatcher for the Tower's runners, maintaining contact with them via a radio in his apartment.
He appears during the main story quest Airdrop, participating in a heated discussion with Jade and Rahim Aldemir, Harris Brecken and Timur over whether or not to turn to crime lord Kadir "Rais" Suleiman for Antizin.
During the main story finale Extraction, Crane confronts Rais atop his skyscraper and the two fight over Zere's research. Once Crane kills Rais and retrieves the data, he informs the GRE that he will not assist them and intends to give the research to Dr Allen Camden, a scientist working on a cure in Old Town. Following this interaction, Ayo can be heard over the radio warning the runners that night is approaching.
- "Ayo speaking. Just wanted to remind you not to be playing heroes in the dark. Get back here or find a safe house. You've got one hour."
- —Ayo warns the runners that night is approaching in Siblings.
- Prior to the release of the Enhanced Edition, when playing the Be The Zombie multiplayer mode, Ayo would warn the player(s) of the Night Hunter's approach. He no longer assumes this role.
- At the end of Extraction, he can be heard saying "Good night and good luck." This also serves as the tagline for Dying Light.